Applying for a Commission
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before requesting a commission. By requesting a commission, you agree to become bound by these Terms of Service hereafter perpetually and indefinitely, unless terminated in whole or in part by CorgiBeans on notice to you. For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms of Service will remain in effect regardless of whether you continue to use the art provided to you. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not request a commission. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer by CorgiBeans, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. Commissions are available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old.
We may change these Terms of Service or make new Terms of Service at any time. Although we will attempt to notify you through reasonable means when the Terms of Serf change, we are under no obligation to do so. The newest Terms of Service will always be available at Terms of Service. A history of all changes made to these Terms of Service will be available below.
- Type (head shot, bust, half-body, full-body, character sheet)
- Number of characters
- Background (transparent, simple, complex)
- Character reference sheets with at least two views or detailed descriptions of the characters
- Detailed description of your vision of the final product
- Deadline for the art
- Contact information
Please note that certain styles and scenes and any rush or holiday commissions may be subject to an additional fee. Please see the "Commission Terms" section below.
Once I receive your message, I will reply within 24 hours. This response will inform you of whether your commission was accepted, denied, or if I require more information. As the artist, I reserve the right to refuse any commission request at any time with or without reason. Commissions will not be completed in any specific order and I reserve the right to complete commissions in any order I see fit.
I will refuse to draw any of the following subjects:
- Realistic guns
- Heavily detailed backgrounds
- Any hateful, racist, sexist, or derogatory content
Additionally, I will refuse to draw any of the following fetishes:
- Weight gain
Any characters, subjects, products, or other items in your commission must be owned by you, or if not owned by you, you must have the necessary rights and permissions from the owner to grant me the rights as outlined in the "Copyright and Ownership" section below.
Unless otherwise discussed and agreed to, you may not do any of the following:
- Remove the artist signature
- Mass produce the artwork in any form
- Sell copies of the artwork
- Edit the finished artwork, with the exception of cropping.
If edits are required to the final piece, please read the "Edits on Completed Work" section below.
For information on updates, see the "Work In Progress Updates" section below.
For the Refund policy, please see the "Refunds" section below.
Edits on Completed Work
Please contact me regarding any edits to your commission after it's completed. I am more than happy to work with you to make sure you are happy with what you receive.
Edits do not take a commission slot. Reach out to me regarding the edit and I will let you know when my schedule allows me to make the edit. The turn-around time is typically less than 30 days.
If the edit involves something that was not correctable in the WIP stage (such as a color error), the edit will be performed free of charge. If the edit is something that could have been corrected when the WIP sketch was given to you, a fee will be charged for the edit. The fee will depend on the amount of work required to complete the edit.
Any edits involving updating an older art style, or that involve large or major changes will be refused. Additionally, edits will only be performed on art that was completed less than one year ago.
Lastly, the items in this section are general guidelines. I reserve the right to review and accept or deny any edit requests for any reason or no reason whatsoever.
Work In Progress Updates
When you submit a commission request, please inform me of whether you would like Work In Progress (herein WIP) updates. A WIP update means I send you a sketch of your commission so you can confirm everything is correct before I deliver the final version.
When you receive a WIP sketch from me, it is for you only. Do not post it or use it publicly. Do not tamper with the "WIP" watermark it has on it.
When you receive the WIP sketch is the time for you to request any edits. Minor edits, as well as anything I may have missed from information you have already given me will be fixed for free. Any major edits (such as redrawing a large portion of the image or many small edits that add up) will come with a small fee based on the amount of work. The fee will need to be paid before the edits are made.
Edits may be accepted or refused at my sole discretion. Edits to art style rather than technical details may be refused. Once a sketch is confirmed, I will provide a date on which you may expect the completed art. This date will be adhered to except in the event of an emergency or illness. In the event of such an emergency or illness, I will inform you of a new date, if applicable. I reserve the right not to disclose the reason behind the emergency or nature of the illness.
Please inform me as soon as possible if you are needing to receive a refund. Refunds will be issued on the business day following the request date. The amount on your refund may vary based on the amount of work done. If no work has been done on your commission, a full refund will be made. However, if work has been started, a partial refund will be made based on any work that has been completed.
If you request a refund, you must wait for another open commission slot before submitting a new commission.
Copyright and Ownership
When you commission artwork from me, you are directing me to use your characters, subjects, products, and other items (herein "materials") to complete the requested artwork. I retain all ownership over the completed artwork, though I make no claim over the materials provided by you. In the event of a violation of these Terms of Service, I may at any time, at my discretion and upon notice to you, revoke your rights and licenses to use the artwork and any materials provided by me.
You must own the rights to the materials you submit or the right to grant all of the authorizations, permissions, approvals, consents, rights, and licenses for the use of these materials. If you do not exclusively own all of these rights, you must have the necessary authorizations, permissions, approvals, consents, rights, and licenses from the owner(s) to enter into these Terms of Service and perform and comply with all of its obligations.
You are not entitled to and you will not receive any compensation for the submission or use of your materials for your submission.
You hereby release CorgiBeans and myself of any and all claims of any rights, encumbrances, liens, claims, demands, actions, or suits which you may or can have in connection with your materials, including, without limitation, any and all liability for any use or non-use of your materials, claims for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, emotional distress, or economic loss.
If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any materials infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient for CorgiBeans to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit CorgiBeans to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have good faith belief that the use of the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information you have provided in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may direct copyright infringement notifications to our DMCA agent using the Contact form.
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to the site administrator or AmmyStar as appropriate. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Upon receipt of a copyright infringement notification, CorgiBeans will inform the user who submitted the materials identified within the notification and remove or disable access to the allegedly infringed Content. For avoidance of doubt, the user who submitted the materials assumes all responsibility for any alleged infringement (see the ownership requirements above). If you believe that your materials that were removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your materials, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the materials that have been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the user content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the materials were removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the materials; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Kansas City, Kansas, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, CorgiBeans may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed materials or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the provider of the materials, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at CorgiBeans's sole discretion.
You represent, warrant, and covenant to CorgiBeans, and by using the website and/or submitting a commission request, you reaffirm each such representation, warranty, and covenant that:
- You are not a minor and you have the legal right and capability to enter into these Terms of Service and perform and comply with all of its terms and conditions;
- All of the information provided by you associated with your materials is correct, complete, and current;
- Your submission of any materials does not violate these Terms of Service, any rights of any other party, any of your obligations, any law or regulations, or infringes upon or misappropriates any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any party; and
- You hold and will continue to hold all of the ownership, license, proprietary and other rights necessary to enter into, authorize, grant rights, and perform your obligation under these Terms of Service as described.
Upon the request of CorgiBeans, you will furnish CorgiBeans any documentation, substantiation, and releases necessary and reasonably required to verify and substantiate your compliance with any or all of the Terms of Service, including, without limitation, the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. You represent and warrant that the submission of your materials is not subject to or under the jurisdiction of any guild or union collective bargaining agreement, and you further acknowledge that CorgiBeans is not signatory to any such agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you also understand and agree that CorgiBeans shall not be obligated or responsible for providing any guild or residual payments in connection with the submission and exploitation of materials.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONTENT, THE REPRESENTATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, AND FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE. CORGIBEANS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES CONCERNING ACCESS TO AND/OR THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, AND/OR SECURITY OF THE SITE, ANY CONTENT, MATERIAL, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, DATA, CAPABILITIES MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU, RESOURCES, FACILITIES, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, AND WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVER WILL FUNCTION OR PERFORM IN ANY PARTICULAR MANNER.THE WEBSITE AND SERVER ARE MAINTAINED ON SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES INTENDED FOR USERS AND USE THAT IS NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. CORGIBEANS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY USE NOT SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED OR THAT IS IN VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE LAWS OR REGULATIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU IN ANY JURISDICTION OR COUNTRY. CORGIBEANS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER ARISING OR CAUSED, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OF THE BASIS OR CHARACTERIZATION OF THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.